A Rose by Any Other Name......

January 6th 2014


For the month of January the stamp set "Rose's Portrait" is being "showcased" each Monday at the Bombshell Stamps Blog and you can purchase this set on special at the Bombshell Store! I have several rubber stamp sets from Bombshell but this was the first set I owned and I think it's still my favourite!

I've used several of the stamps from the set to decorate my journal page - I haven't opened my journal for awhile so this was a perfect opportunity!


Background is acrylic paints and I used a new Heidi Swapp stencil I bought recently to add the honeycomb pattern along with some sponging etc to add some more colour to the page.

I used the main Rose's Portrait image along with the little poem and single rose stamps from the set & I added some glitter glue to the rose's and also to Rose herself for some sparkle!


Make sure you visit the blog each Monday to see some great inspiration for using this stamp set!


6 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous page, wonderful bright red.

Linda said...

Oh I love this. Sharon I wish you did videos. I would love to watch you work.

Terry said...

Love the vibrant red! Great journal page! I agree with Linda!

Anonymous said...

The background is so bold and fearless yet you still managed to compose it so that the eye also travels to that wonderful image of Rose and the sentiment.
Very clever.
Wishes
Lynne

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Love the colorful page, fabulous combined!

Linda said...

I feel like I always say the same thing but I can't help it I just love your work and your texture and back grounds are wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...