Steampunk at So Artful

May 19th 2012


Our new theme for this next fortnight is "Steampunk and/or Earthy Tones" - make sure you head over to the So Artful Challenge Blog to see the other DT Creations - which are amazing and also to add your link so we can see what you come up with!!!


Camouflage is a game we all like to play...

I made this wall hanging using designs from Chris at CS Designs - firstly the image is "Steampunk Solitaire" and the Spirelli Cut Out is from her fantastic Spirelli Kit. I went a bit "alternate" & used rubber bands to make the spirelli pattern instead of thread - I love the effect - something different! The background is a "Clocks" embossing folder which I love to use with my Steampunked creations! I made the Camouflage quote & added screw look brads and some fibre to make a hanger.

I am also entering this creation at the "Raise the Bar" Challenge Blog as they have a "Military / Patriotic" Theme and my "camouflage army looking" design is perfect for this!!! Also Pixie Dust Studio have a Steampunk Themed Challenge this week too so I am entering there as well!!

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow! This is so fabulous. Someday I'm going to have time to play and create things like this. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Linda said...

This is amazing! What a work of art. So many different and wonderful techniques. I love it!

Denice said...

It's always fun to head over to your blog because I never know what I'm going to see...but I always find it inspirational!
A great ATC Sharon!
:Dx

peggy gatto said...

I love your design, so different and right on!!!
I loved this challenge and have another one ready for next week!!!

Rene said...

Wow! The rubber bands is rather different!
Your creation really reflects steampunk!
Great!!

Deann said...

Your hands on art is fabulous Sharon really beautiful Steampunk art!

Terry said...

Very cool how you framed her! It is so much fun to make frames! Lovely Steampunk creation!

Yvonne said...

What an awesome piece of art, Sharon!

Ellis said...

Fantastic creation Sharon, cool that you used rubberbands! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the artsy camouflage technique you used for this military design! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's great. Fabulous layers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...