A Frame of Mind

May 22nd 2012
A brand new challenge at Art With No Boundaries for the next fortnight - we want to see you use "frames" on your creations - I'm sure you will all come up with some amazing inspiration for this one!


The Designers have used some new designs from CS Designs this week - I have used the "Striped Circular Petal Frame" to make this soft pink Asian Themed card and I have framed the "Framed Geisha 2 Design" also from CS Designs.

I used a beautiful variegated serviette to "cover" my white base card, I cut the centres from the Circular Frame and placed the Asian Geisha behind the large frame. I wrapped metallic thread around the smaller frames and added some torn textured paper and Japanese flower stickers to complete the front of my card. The frames & Geisha image have been coloured with Copic Markers.






Remember you have 2 weeks to enter our challenge! And our DT Call is still open - you will find all the details on the challenge blog!

I am also entering my card in the current Divas by Design Challenge Blog as they have a "Tickled Pink" challenge!! And I've also entered it at Make it Monday in their Anything Goes Challenge!

16 comments:

Bonnie Irvine said...

This is just beautiful. I never would have thought to combine these frames with that gorgeous geisha. Your colour palette and embellies are perfect complements to the images.

Terry said...

Very pretty framing on that lovely lady! The metallic threading looks amazing! Hope you are having a great Monday!

Ellis said...

Fantastic creation Sharon, love the asian theme! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Michele said...

this is so pretty Sharon! i hope to get the chance to join this one. xo

Linda said...

Wonderful creations! I love the image and the beautiful flowers you created.

Jenn Borjeson said...

Just beautiful!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- love this fabulous image- love the pretty flower embellishing you added!

CLaire said...

Saw this on Make it Monday..love the spirelli.... looks really nice and goes well on the card...glad I popped over to take a look
CLaire x

Jenn Borjeson said...

Very cool - you do such beautiful work, Sharon. :)

Beverly G said...

Wonderful soft Asian inspired card. Love those added spirelli touches.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's beautiful.

Heather said...

Love what you did with the frame Sharon!! Not only did I see you at AWNB....I saw your creation at MIM!! Fabby!
Hugs
Heather

Michelle said...

Hi

Such a wonderful card!

The frames look so beautiful and I love the delicate little flowers.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Karen said...

I'm so happy that you joined us this week with your lovely creation!

Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.

Rene said...

This is such a lovely creation!
I really like the way you used the frames to create embellishments, so clever and original!!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Rene

Vee Cassidy said...

A really beautiful card; I love your colouring and the way you have used the frame in different ways. Vee xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...