All Tied Up

May 15th 2012


A reminder that you still have a week to join our "Fit to be Tied" Challenge at Art With No Boundaries. Remember to read our updated rules before you link up!! Remember for this challenge we want to see some form of "tieing" on your creation using string, thread etc but NO ribbon or lace.


For this card I have used on of the images from the CS Designs "Haunting Apparitions" Series - "Dementia". I've used another great Spirelli shape from the CS Designs Spirelli Kit and this time I decided to go with a simpler "wrapping" on the shape to show that simple can look really effective too and the image was only given a bit of red colour with my Copic Markers. I love this image - very striking and eye catching!

ATTENTION: Chris is having a Design Team Call and is on the look out for some "creative & artistic" people!! You can check out the details here: CS Designs DT Call.

15 comments:

Gerri Herbst said...

Hey Sharon,
This is fantastic..so very punk rock!Love it. do take care, gerri

Ali Manning said...

This is really stunning, Sharon - she scares me a little - lol!

Vee Cassidy said...

Wonderful card and I agree about the image. I enjoyed the Art With No Boundaries challenge this month. Vee xx

Michele said...

this is edgy and fabulous. xo

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic card, love how you've colored the face.

Linda said...

Wow this is striking. It would be perfect of my journal that I write my angry thoughts in. I love that back grown shape. It is wonderful with the string. TFS

Linda said...

This is Wonderful. I love that image it is very striking the way you set it off on that die cut with the string. This looks like a great journal cover for writing angry thought to get them out and away from your mind. Well that is just my mind.
Love it thanks for sharing your wonderful talent.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant use of thread one again.
This is positively striking.
Wishes
Lynne

MezzoKat said...

I love drama, and this has tons of drama! Great piece, Sharon.

Jenn Borjeson said...

Wow - this is just amazing!!!!

Ellis said...

This is such a cool card and the image is perfect! =) Love what you have made!
Hugs, Elenor

CraftyTeacher said...

I love the central design. So simple but dramatic.

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Hi Sharon, I love this piece, all that red is so dramatic and the yellow dots make the red one under Dementia's eyes stand out even more. She looks oh so awesomely wicked.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Glenda Atkins said...

Love this card, fabulous use of the string, wonderful image and colour!

Rene said...

Sharon, this is a fabulous creation!
Just love the drama!
The colours are wonderful together and I like how the simple wrapping accentuates the image!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...