Romance is in the Air...

January 30th 2012


Valentine's Day is coming so this is a perfect theme for the new challenge at The Cheerful Stamp Pad and a great theme for me as I should have made this engagement card a few months ago!!!
I recently purchased a new 6 x 6 paper pad which is a BoBunny "et cetera" collection - what great pages in this little pad -and they were perfect for the "look" I wanted to achieve with this card which I also have to tell you was "inspired" by a card I saw at Lynne's Blog (those of you who know Lynne's creations know how stunning & inspirational they are!!!)


I distressed the edges of the papers with my little edge distresser tool, I added some old lace, text flowers,  skeleton leaves, Tim Holtz tickets, hearts brads and a great romantic picture which I cannot recall where I got it from so if anyone can enlighten me please do!!!
We can't wait to see your "Romance" creations for this challenge.

8 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is so pretty- the image is nice and I love the Vintage Shabby look! Love the music DSP, the tickets= Oh yes- Lynne's beautiful work is so wonderful!

Vicki Romaine said...

Very impressive and dramatic.

Ellis said...

This is wonderful, perfect with the tickets too! =)
I have to find my edge distresser, it has ran away! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Ciska said...

Really pretty Sharon, love the image :)

Linda said...

I love the way you used the TH tickets. I never know what to do with them. Thanks for the great idea.

2amscrapper said...

oooh love this

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Really a romantic card.

Anonymous said...

Sharon
Vintage Romance at its very best. The image is stunning. Love that you have added the tickets, flower, tulle yet through excellent composition it isn't overcrowded.
I don't feel deserving of your amazing words but thank you so much. There is nothing so good as when someone whose on art I admire gives me feedback like this so thank you.
Wishes
Lynne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...