The Darling "Bugs" of May!

May 19th 2011


What a great theme for the new challenge at The Daring Cardmakers Challenge Blog this week! Obviously the requirement was to incorporate some sort of a 'bug' LOL! I've chosen to use butterflies and I've made it into an Easel Card.


The little butterfly baby is from a collage sheet from Lisa's Altered Art - isn't it a gorgeous image? I've used patterned and plain papers to compliment the colours of the image and little butterflies. I've used a couple of leaf and flower punches to add some dimension as well. I found the butterfly quote at the Quote Garden site - a great resource for quotes on a huge range of 'subjects' and printed it directly onto the patterned paper and then arranged all the elements around it.


I've used Spellbinder Die Cuts to cut the 'label' shapes from black card and cream textured paper. The black card has been embossed with a Couture Creations Embossing Folder.


17 comments:

Netty said...

Beautiful easel card with some great butterflies, but that babys expression really made me smile.........Annette x

Terry said...

So love the butterflies! This is such a stunning card!

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh my.... that baby's cheeks are hard to look away from but your whole card is lovely!

Michele said...

oh Sharon this is gorgeous! your butterflies are beautifully placed and that baby is too darling. xo

Linda said...

Oh my goodness this is wonderful! I just love your style. I need to get out of the box more. That baby is so cool.

Amy Tidd said...

What a beautiful easel card! I just love the butterflies!! Amyxx

Willy said...

What a lovely easel card, Sharon!

Jingle said...

This is absolutely FABULOUS!!! I love it!

PetraB said...

This is truly darling, a beutiful easel card.

Gerri Herbst said...

Your easel card is breathtaking. Such fine details. I like the fact you give us so many photos to see it. thanks for yr sweet comments today on my scene stamping. Cant believe I had those stamps for 20 years! take care, gerri

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card, love the little baby.
Jack xx

Jo said...

This is brilliant! I love the little baby - so cute!

jo x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Great card, and that baby is scrumptious!

Kathy said...

Ohhh your butterflies are soooo beautiful - actually, the whole card is!
Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers A Darlin' BUGS of May challenge,

Lynda said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx-

Janna Werner said...

Gorgeous easel card, Sharon! You are so creative and have ur own artsy style that I really adore! Have a lovely weekend! Janna

Debi said...

Very cute Sharon- I love easel cards at the moment, and your card is lovely x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...